Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14 – Anaheim & Newport Beach

Jason had a meeting in Anaheim today.  When he first told me about going to Anaheim, I asked him what was there for the kids and me to do during his meeting.  Little did I know that Anaheim is where Disneyland is!  Had I known that we were so close to Disneyland, I might have planned a visit there.  But, since we are flying home in two days, there's no time for it.
We went to Downtown Disney and walked around.

Waiting for a funnel cake...


We even peaked in through the entrance gate and snapped a quick picture.  (Don't worry, the kids aren't scarred for life having not gone in!)

Emily wasn’t impressed and didn’t have much interest in going.  Katie wanted to do it all!  She wanted to go in the park, she wanted her hair done like a princess, and she wanted to buy everything she saw!  I’m praying for her future husband!
Once we met back up with Jason, we went back to Downtown Disney for a little while, and then we drove to Newport Beach to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean from the pier.
While we were there, a man caught a sand shark and I was able to snap a picture...
(I'd like to say this is me holding the shark, but clearly, it is not!)

The sunset was beautiful...


We ate dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.  It was delicious - really great shrimp!  And the atmosphere was fun!

Katie posed with Mr. Shrimp for a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment